Creating a shortcut to a folder
- Right Click on the Desktop
- Select Create Launcher
- Let the Type field be Application
- Type the name of the shortcut in the Name field
- in the Command field type: nautilus “path to folder in double quotes”
- you can select any icon you want by clicking the icon button.
- Click ok and you will now be see a shortcut to the folder on the desktop.
An alternate way to do this is to drag the folder with a middle or both button mouse click and drop it at the point where you want the shortcut to appear.